[Discussion and suggestion] Server ping

Discussions, suggestions.
Kamols2

[Discussion and suggestion] Server ping

Post by Kamols2 »

Hello,

Sorry for creating so many topics, simply want some answers how is everything working :)

So, how are the servers actually hosting? Are they are hosted on same machine in same place? or many different places?
Because sometimes when I join server "x", it`s lagging for me like hell. Then I quit and join server "y" and everything is fine.

If it is possible, my suggestion would be to add "ping" statistics to server tabs, so players can join server with lower latency and lower ping. Because currently I`m just switching between server till I found one without big lags, why cant I simply choose it at the first place?
It`s also useful because nobody likes a "lagger", some-times I see these players which are teleporting around the map. Maybe we could also add some maximum ping configuration, for example if player have more then 300 ping, kick him?

Regards,
Kamols
Firefly_

Re: [Discussion and suggestion] Server ping

Post by Firefly_ »

I do agree with Kamols on this. Although player ping limits have been added, knowing the ping of all the servers would be amazing! It would work in the same way that player skill would show, by taking the overall median/average amount of ping of all players in the entire match and then displaying that next to the server on the main menu. Anyway, I thank the admins for adding ping kick! Keep up the constant good work, cause honestly. The community does appreciate it!
- Firefly
PFC Joseph Allen

Problems with ping and lagging

Post by PFC Joseph Allen »

Although this has nothing to do with seeing the server ping, currently the ping and lag on US and Brazilian servers have been awful. Every 2-4 rounds the game just lags, it doesn't kick you out or say you have too much ping and have to go back to the lobby. It just lags and the game stops, this has been a problem for a lot of people I have noticed but primarily for the US servers through other servers like the Russian and Asian servers have been also experiencing this problem. Is there a way to fix this or is this just me?
SCARFACE

Post by SCARFACE »

Também estou com o mesmo problema.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Server freeze issues are fixed