[Discussion and Suggestion] Round limit

Discussions, suggestions.
Kamols2

[Discussion and Suggestion] Round limit

Post by Kamols2 »

Hello dear Administrator,

Could you please explain me the reason for time limit? I`just for an discussion so I understand.
I mean is there any link between lags or something like that or it is just for donation reasons?

I understand that it is not appropriate that you can play forever and you have a score of 500:100, seems strange. I agree
But the system itself is a little bit weird at the first place, in old times I remember that map simply changed after some period of time.
Can`t you make something similar in here? Because for one player it is 5 round, for other it is 15 round, for the third it is 20 round.
It should be same round for all the players - because from theory point of few your team must win more round then opponent team in some certain period of round or time. In this case it loses the the key point. That actually makes some sense to me.

If everything above seems to be nonsense to you, at-least listen to following suggestion changes:
20 rounds are very low for DM mod. It`s sometimes 3 minutes and you need to reconnect which is kinda frustrating. People are not happy, trust me, if you would try to play for 20 minutes, you would change that in the instance. I would suggest to remove it for DM, or set to 100. Because players use DM to train.

For standard maps I would suggest to increase to 30 rounds. 20 seems a little bit low.
admin
Site Admin

Re: [Discussion and Suggestion] Round limit

Post by admin »

Kamols2 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:12 pm Hello dear Administrator,

Could you please explain me the reason for time limit? I`just for an discussion so I understand.
I mean is there any link between lags or something like that or it is just for donation reasons?

I understand that it is not appropriate that you can play forever and you have a score of 500:100, seems strange. I agree
But the system itself is a little bit weird at the first place, in old times I remember that map simply changed after some period of time.
Can`t you make something similar in here? Because for one player it is 5 round, for other it is 15 round, for the third it is 20 round.
It should be same round for all the players - because from theory point of few your team must win more round then opponent team in some certain period of round or time. In this case it loses the the key point. That actually makes some sense to me.

If everything above seems to be nonsense to you, at-least listen to following suggestion changes:
20 rounds are very low for DM mod. It`s sometimes 3 minutes and you need to reconnect which is kinda frustrating. People are not happy, trust me, if you would try to play for 20 minutes, you would change that in the instance. I would suggest to remove it for DM, or set to 100. Because players use DM to train.

For standard maps I would suggest to increase to 30 rounds. 20 seems a little bit low.
Hello!

Rounds limit is personal, you are playing 20 round then you get kick. This was server-related first days, then we changed it to personal.
There is a few good reasons of rounds limit creation, some for us, some for players.
Kamols2

Post by Kamols2 »

Could you please explain them?
I kinda wrote my point of view, you just confirmed that it is player oriented, but without any explanation.
Or that is a secret?

Regards,
Kamols
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Kamols2 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:15 pm Could you please explain them?
I kinda wrote my point of view, you just confirmed that it is player oriented, but without any explanation.
Or that is a secret?

Regards,
Kamols
I just don't want to show all psychologic of this decision, it's fair anyway.
brileloof

Post by brileloof »

When the round limit is over and I reload the page, the sound is muted.
oskarinteam

Post by oskarinteam »

brileloof i have same problem :/
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

brileloof wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:54 pm When the round limit is over and I reload the page, the sound is muted.
This problem will not occur if you reconnect to the server. Do not reload the page while playing.